Grand Parenting to ATSAC Qualified Membership
The ATSAC Grand Parenting option will close on the 30 June 2021
We wish to offer an opportunity for people with relevant, extensive experience of working with people with sexually compulsive behavior and training in this area to become ATSAC Qualified. You are invited to submit an application for Grand Parenting to ATSAC Qualified Membership.
ATSAC only began approving courses from November 2016, we are aware that many therapists will have completed other courses prior to this date and continue in practice offering therapy to clients.
If you have completed course that pre-dates this and would like to become ATSAC Qualified, you will need to progress though the ATSAC Grand Parenting to ATSAC Qualified Membership.
Application to ATSAC to join via the Grand Parenting Scheme to become an ATSAC Qualified Member requires you to submit the following documentation
- Current registration documents of professional body (e.g. UKCP, BACP, HCPC …etc.)
- Current professional indemnity Insurance £2 million
- CV of relevant professional experience, practice and education
- Specialist CPD training in Sexual Addiction certificate of attendance
- Minimum 3 year post qualifying continuous practice and development
- Evidence of supervised practice with individuals affected by Sexual addiction and/or their partners.
- Provide a supervisor’s report of work in the field of sexual addiction (template provided)
- Do you have ongoing complaint against you? If this is the case send relevant information?
- Adherence to ATSAC Values, Mission and Vision are a requirement for all membership categories. Please submit a personal statement with your application.
Inclusivity – we don’t tell people how to live their lives; we are tolerant and embrace diversity in all its forms especially in the area of human sexuality.
Care – when somebody reaches out to the organisation, either from within or from outside, we respond as quickly and helpfully as we can.
Responsibility – each ATSAC member recognises their own part in collectively delivering ATSAC’s Mission.
Striving – we set the highest standards in everything we say and do. Reflecting and promoting the latest thinking in sexual addiction forms part of these standards.
ATSAC Mission statement
ATSAC educates the public, professionals and governments, raising awareness about sexual addiction and compulsivity, and the challenges faced by those who are addicted or those whose lives are affected by sex addiction. It sets standards and provides support to members and others to help those whose lives are affected by sex addiction.
ATSAC is the leading UK Organisation for the provision of education, support and resources for those working with, interested in, or affected by sexual addiction and compulsivity. We are seen as experts in our field, always actively translating our knowledge and expertise in a way that is helpful to the general public, media and practitioners alike”.
We will endeavour to process the documentation within 8 weeks. It will be assessed by two people and then ratified by the ATSAC Board
When you are accepted for ATSAC Qualified Membership your name will be passed Kelly Doyle the ATSAC Administrator who will guide you through the process for entry to the ATSAC website as a Qualified Member.
Sue Maxwell and Chi Ko